View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
CatsTail

Deax,

I think sisterray has hit it on the head, at least this is what I have been living. Sometimes it's scary but they are pretty textbook the way the behave. And there always is that convoluted idea if they call they've lost "the game". And if you have been the one to do the moves as I was they certainly don't want the status quo to be different.

Cat

Originally Posted by sisterray View Post
My guy is in jail, nothing to do, but hasnt written. He has dissappeared for weeks, and doesnt call. Like he forgets we exist. But I dont think its because he doesnt care. Sometimes I think it has to do with how they are feeling. Time is not the same to them (esp when they are using). I know in the past he hasnt contacted me because in his mind he was going to prove to me that I needed him. He expected me to do the chasing, and held out for weeks. Turns out he was thinking about us, just used to me doing all the work. In his mind if he called, then he lost the game. Plus if he was using, huge blocks of time that I spent worrying, he was spending in oblivion. But in talking to a sober him later, I did find out it was a strange game, where he figured I would get hold of him eventually, and that he could show me how much better he was doing, and I would miss him and take him back. Who knows what goes on in their minds? I do know two: Time is different to them than us. They do not want to take blame, so if they can play some mind game, they will. So in all, Im sure he loves you to whatever extent they can love. It is your choice to contact him. But I can just about guarantee that if you contact him, act like nothing happened, and ask him over for the weekend, he will be glad to come and act like nothing ever happened too.