Old 12-18-2006, 06:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Time2Surrender

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
The meetings here are dominated by drug court bozos mandated to be there by the courts. Not much support there at all. Matter of fact, there's lots of dope floating around. I don't need to be around that zhit.
That sucks. I've never seen dope at an NA meeting. I did see a guy get run off outside one of our Alano clubs for supposably pushing dope. And they wound up literally chasing the dude down the street. We have one breakfast meeting on Sunday mornings. Most of the people there are from the Restitution center and only there to get out of jail for a few hours and see their GF or BF. I dont go there. Just not for me anymore. Sorry NA/AA didnt work for you. But I wouldnt dis it. Thanks to Narcotics Anonymous I am coming up on 19 months clean. NA saved my life. NA gave me a life. Not to mention I have made some of the best friends I have ever had in those rooms. Im the secretary at one of my groups. I sign plenty of court slips for the "mandated" members. I listen to plenty of BS from newcomers or people who dont know what theyre talking about. But I also hear a lot of ES&H at meetings I attend. Most the people down on NA/AA have never thoroughly worked the steps. So how could they say whether or not it works? AA/NA has saved thousands of lives. Many people have stayed sober or clean for years and years thanks to the program. Theres way more to the program then simply attending meetings. Without NA my being clean would be no more than simple abstinance. I would still be the same sick, miserable person I was 19 months ago. Today I choose recovery. I have worked the 12 steps. I know they work. At least for me they did. I am here to carry the message and share my experience, strength, and hope to the newcomer or still suffering addict. AA/NAdoes work if you work it.