View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
jasoncy

I don't really want to talk to this doctor I'm getting the methadone from about the taper, because the reason I was getting the methadone was for pain in my hands from work. The problem is the original doctor that worked in this office that said he did'nt have any problem at all putting me on methadone moved out of the state, and now the new woman doctor I have at the same office says she thinks it was inappropriate the other doctor put me on methadone in the first place, and she wanted to start tapering me off the methadone, and only agreed to keep writing the prescriptions for it after I wrote a letter and dropped it off with her receptionist, saying I was going to complain to the people at the hospital that are in charge of the network of doctors she's in, asking them why the original doctor had no problem re-filling the methadone each month- and now it's a problem with the current doctor.

So that's another reason I want to taper down as well, they gave me cortisone shots in each wrist that seem to take the pain away, and I don't want to go in and see a doctor I don't like every month to pick up my methadone prescription, when all I had to do before with the other doctor was call in every month and he'd write out a 30 day prescription for me, and all I had to do was pick it up from the receptionist.

I always could go back to another doctor I had previous to this that gave me tylenol 3 every month, or use the in-expensive codeine pills just across the border in Canada. But I figure now would be the best time to taper with the holidays approaching, and also the tapering seems to be much easier using the methadone, I tried tapering using codeine before but it seems to go much smoother using the methadone to taper.