Old 12-15-2006, 03:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
nofuninsuds

Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
Trying??? How are you trying? Are you simply "just trying not to drink"? Or are you actually trying by going to meetings? Because you have "tried" your way a bunch of times and it aint workin'. So what makes you think trying it your way,...yet again.....will work? Nothing changes,....if nothing changes. If I dont have any clue where,...say,....the beach is,....but I try and get there on my own,....chances are Ill get lost. If I try it again,...I get lost. Again,...and I get lost. But,...if I get directions,....Ill find it everytime.
Easy answer here. If I wasn't "trying", I would still be drinking a case of beer each day which would be significantly harder on my body than simply drinking, for example, once every week (and usually less alcohol during those binges). Another way I'm "trying" is by taking the medication my doctor prescribed for me (Campral) and it works very well to reduce cravings and other unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.

This isn't about going to some beach (apples and oranges). It is about managing my alcoholism at my OWN pace and doing the best I can to minimize the damage done to my body by drinking less frequently until my sobriety finally "takes hold". This is the way it worked for me before and after a few false "starts and stops" I was able to go a year and a half without so much as touching a drop.

Everyone has their own way of managing their disease. This happens to be mine.

- Regards, Nofuninsuds