View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Cynay

Welcome to SR .... Im thankful for google too, especially if it brought you to us.

No sweetie, it is not just you and you dont have to work through this alone anymore.... You have nothing to be sorry for, Please post as long and often as you need to. You have no idea how important to us you are....

I totally understand the guilt, but you have to understand that is an inside feeling... maybe something your carrying over from the childhood. There is nothing wrong with protecting not only your self but your family if you feel that the Alcoholic in your life is abusive. It does not matter one whit if they are functional or not.

The bottom line is ... you have a problem with his drinking. You feel your abused by this person. You have the need to protect not only yourself but your family from this abuse.... I would say you are more healthy then many of us.

Sometimes when these feelings get to me, I have to kick up my Al-anon meeting and get the focus back on me.... Sounds to me like you have set up some boundries that are healthy for you, that is healthy hon.

I look forward to getting to know you, keep posting and reading the boards... lots to learn