Old 12-14-2006, 05:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mongo

I had a friend in my teens who seemed to be completely intolerant of alcohol. Try as he might, he could not keep up with us "mature" drinkers. Of course, being the sensitive and compassionate teenage boys we were, we made sure he lost every drinking contest we played. I look back on that with horror, and am truly sorry for the hell we put him through.

Fast forward to middle age. Still pretty proud of my drinking, oddly though, the hangovers kept getting worse. Each time, just a little sicker, for a little longer. It wasn't until I started thinking about what I was doing to myself that I realized that I wasn,t suffering just from hangovers, but full blown withdrawal. The steak and eggs with a pot of coffee the morning after just wasn't cutting it anymore.

I think they get worse each time with age. Our bodies don't work as well as they used to and we don't seem to be bulletproof anymore.

Whew.

But, at least we don't have to feel that way unless we choose to. We can make a difference in how we feel.

Keep well

Ron