View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jenn

Angry My nephew suffers

Hi All!!

I am new to this site and I just think the world of every person who has posted....But here's my deal...

ASIDE from my own problems, I have nephew who is 10 and he is going through living hell and has been since 5. My husband and I keep him as much as possiable but his parents are divorced and dad is a sevier alcoholic and mom has gone to jail for drugs and still continues to have her and her boyfriend sell it out of there home. This child has knowen what a joint is since age 5. Mom's house is in a good neighborhood(so is dads) but there home party central. Pot is always smelled and at least 5-10 people are always there drinking smoking and etc....dad's isn't as bad he drinks regularly and smokes pot once and awhile.

BUT...if seeing all that isn't bad enough a week ago he told his step sister(his dad's wife's daughter) that he found 2 big duffle bags of pot in his mom's room , so then she told a friend and it soon escladed into walking over there and breaking in his mom's house and stealing a big zip lock bag full of weed. Mom and boyfriend never knew that it was missing but dad's wife is sharp and found it in her daughter's room.

He was grounded to his room for a week...He was horriably verbaly abused by his mother who I don't ever think has ever sain 3 nice words to my nephew...Thank God that I had him during the days. We did alot of talking and even though he was still grounded here he had to do chores and he was always free to talk to me...and after about 3 days he began to trust me and the things he said made cry and still as I write this I have tears in my eyes. The kid is so hurt and scared.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas...also he asked me if he could chat online to other kids that have the same problems...I said I would search to the end of the earth and back to help find a place for him. meedings here in town just are not an option because both mom and dad don't want social services called and even if that wouldn't happen they just don't want there buisness out in the open. But in the mean time the little boy suffers. Any suggestions?