Thread: Drinking
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cali wife

Mr. C
Well...sad but true. There are not many services offered in the area I live that are in English. I am not against going to a group I have been helped once before in my life at a group known as SOS. I did have to drive to Monterey 1 1/2 drive each way. So I did attend and got some phone numbers and it really helped. So I'm thinking I can find a group and attend it while my family is away during the day. Then maybe someone will give me a phone number for support.
I'm very interested in the experiences you have had and am going to try and learn this web-site so I can learn from your deep box.......
I did something crazy a couple of weeks ago....my husband is always MIA so when he arived home after missing for some 12 hours I told him I wanted a divorce! That I was tired of waiting, being upset, and not knowing if he was dead.....
He woke me up the next morning at 7:00am and said he was an ass and he needed help and needed me to help him. So I went on line to find some sort of program....they are all so expensive!!!!! This isn't his first rodeo with the 12-step program and he hates it! Says it doesn't help him. So I contacted the Doctor Phil show (don't laugh) I am deparate! They called and wanted us to be on the show....Mark was beside himself and wasn't willing to air our dirty laundry on national tv. Can't say that I blame him the thought made me sick to my stomach! But the help is free and I am just looking for the magic pill! Honestly I know there isn't one...but I keep thinking maybe this will work?
Friday night was another long night that's why I wrote to this site.......He came home from work (not late) but when he arrived he was getting sick in the yard....then the bathroom.....then in our bed. I was glad he was here so I knew he wasn't in an accident or worse killing someone else. But I was still alone.....Thank you for taking the time to respond...
C Wife