View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
reader
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Many years ago I left my X- he was a jealous fool. He was a drug user and very controlling. Like Mallow cup said, I think back and that young girl is not me now. I am so much stronger, sometimes I think too much so. I come across as I don't need anyone and my attitude is now if you don't like it u know where the door is. I have done a 360 in my life, my hubby just can't cut a break. I just know what I want and I will get it. My boundaries are honored and his tone of voice has to be just so. Maybe I have PTSD but I just never want to feel like that doormat again. It works for us and our marriage is pretty good. As far as the X goes, he will try to be friendly but I just say Hi slick with a smile on my face and keep walking. Once he had the nerve to think I would still sleep with him, I was in my 1st year of marriage and I was at the boat launch and he stopped so I couldn't just keep going. I just said my Lord you have alot of nerve, drag your ass. So to answer your ? I have left a relationship~~~ Friends no thanks, I have those. Kerry