View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
prodigal

When I divorced my previous husband (an A and a RAGING narcissist - textbook case, in fact!) we made a stab at being friends, but that didn't work. So I just ceased all contact. I was a mess for about a year after I left him. Then I started to get back on track and feel better about life. Still had pangs of lonliness, but I was happy to come home to my own place and spend time alone with my cat. Ahhh, serenity!

I saw him one more time to give him a check that was for him and somehow got mailed to me! I figured if it got lost once in the mail, it could happen again. The old check-is-in-the-mail "thing" - still harbor paranoia about our postal service! LOL!!! Anyway, I met him in a neutral place - a parking lot of a restaurant in Annapolis. He stayed in is car, I got out of mine and handed him the check, he told me I looked great, we made a little small talk, and I drove off. No biggie. The one thing that gave me great pleasure at that time was the fact that I had dropped 30 lbs. since he last saw me, I was wearing very short shorts and had on platform sandals. I really did look great.

I saw him for what he really was finally. Charming, still good looking, a great dresser, and a user. Very big on appearances - expensive car, expensive clothes, and madly in love with himself. Pity the poor women he's used since I last saw him in 2002!