Thread: Drinking
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cali wife

Drinking

Not sure why I'm here....guess I'm lost....I don't know what to do or say to my husband anymore. I fill so alone right now and want answers so badly.....I've been reading all night different sites to find out what are the options? My eyes hurt my heart hurts and I love and hate my husband at the same time. They say it's not an illness, "its a choice" some say he can't help it..."its in his genes".
I can't keep putting up with this kind of behavior but didn't I say. "for better or worse?". He drinks everyday mostly beer....he drives...in the last 6 years we've been married he has had two DUI's...has been in two accidents...no one has been hurt....but why doesn't he get it? It's like he doesn't respect me.
I have friends and family, but I hate talking with them...they don't give much advice that can change anything. My mother is a drunk too...she says it won't hurt to allow the drinking in the house...just don't drink and drive. I say why do we have to drink at all? I like a nice glass of wine now and then, but don't like to be drunk and hate to be around drunks. Is anyone out there like me?