View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

An Attitude of Gratitude

It's time to Talk Turkey. Yes, next week, most of the folks in the USA will be celebrating our typical Thanksgiving Day...too much football, too much food, usually followed by a nap, and too many leftovers.

But, those of us who have managed to put together a few 24's of clean and sober time know we have so much more for which to be grateful. One of my friends from another thread reminded me of a practice I used to participate in during my early recovery.

Many of the meetings in the area would open the doors early and have covered dishes, platters of food, etc. for the ones of us in AA who were far from home, or hadn't family with whom to celebrate.

It was such a good feeling to do that. And, we would have a Gratitude Meeting, when everyone was invited to share on what they were thankful for. It was great! I thought it might be nice to have our own Gratitude Meeting here at Sober Recovery...so, please, no matter what part of the world you're from:

What have you been able to do, or hope to do, that might have been difficult, if not impossible, while you were still drinking/drugging?

How has your life changed without alcohol/drugs?

Just share with us anything that comes to mind for which you are grateful as a result of your being alcohol and/or drug free.