View Single Post
Old 08-03-2003, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sweetlilbutrfly
Paused

Arrow A new Alcoholic in my life

I have been dealing with alcoholism, since I can remember.. and I forgave my father for the past, and he knows what he did wrong. things are changeing between us.. and the wounds heal with him, I am starting to hate my mother in law.

My husband for a year, and I moved 15 hours away this past year. My in laws came down to visit.. My mother in law did nothing but drink. They were here for a DAY!!!! one full day. she went through two cases of beer. He has been dealing with this his whole life, and doesn' t see a problem with it..

As an addict I know I can't change peoples views. but what I am asking is how can I deal with her. How do I not let her drinking effect how I feel towards my father.. Every time she popped open another can, I just felt fear. I know that is not a good thing.

I don't know if any reads other boards or not.. but if have read my message on the NA board you will know that I am not sleeping and I am stressed over the meetings I have gone too.. this is not helping my stress..

I am mentally drained right now, and I just want to get some sleep..

I think I am going to try to do just that.. get some sleep.

night all