View Single Post
Old 08-02-2003, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ladyregah
Paused

I dont know about that pretending thing. I did that alot... I think it is moer denial than anything... I pretended, ignored and denied AH problem for a long time because to say anything to him only made matters worse. I did however get alot more results with him when I stopped letting it be his problem and made it mine. What I mean by that is I came here and read and started to get stong for me. If he was going to drink that would be his problem. I set my boundaries and did my best to detach from each and every incident. That is HARD! SO many times he was at his "friends" house pounding down the beers late at night. I would put a blanket on the couch and go to our room lock the door and try to put everything out of my mind and go to sleep... HE got the picture tho... I didnt want to be with him drunk.. I still dont want to be with him drunk.
We have all been there, done that, got the t-shirt! and alot of us are still doing it. Keep coming here and read whatever you can get your hands on that helps you to be ok.

Love and Light,
Kat