View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 05:01 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
michski

When I was attending AA meetings and everyone began with the serenity prayer I never ever even once began with saying "God" I always began the prayer with "Grant me..

As far as the Lord's prayer I always subsitituted "Our Mother who art in heaven" then the rest of the prayer felt more comfortable to me. Mostly I just skipped those prayers, especially the 3rd and 7th Step prayers. I don't even know them.

As I was beginning to accept that not everything went MY way I did mutter out a few "thy will be dones" But organized religion does not have a corner on the word "Thy" I just did my own translation and to me "thy" meant destiny.

As far as the difference between spirituality, religion and nature are concerned. This is how I see it:

Religion if for people who are afraid of going to Hell
Spirituality is for people who have already been there
For myself Naturalism deals with chit happens over and over again so forget the drama and get with the flow of change.

Burning Man is in my opinion an epitomization of naturalism because whether or not people party, when the party is over the land we love returns to it's previous barren untouched own natural state. That action is done by those of us who attend and pick up every cigarette butt, burned piece of wood and plastic bottle cap.
Burning Man does not change nature. Burning Man reveres nature. We do not think ourselves as being separate or larger than nature.
So ((( windysan ))) You be in deep natural and spiritual doo doo!

just my 2 cents