Thread: Caffeine
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 10:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Found

This thread could be the world's first internet caffeine abstention/reducing (dual purpose) forum !!!
In 1995 I woke up one morning (in my lodgings) with this in my head:
"You don't need another drink of caffeine or to plan another drink of alcohol"
That was the prelude to five much better years.
After big stresses including going back to living totally alone - and not having been to AA a long while - I found myself consuming alcohol and caffeine from time to time.
In 2003 I had to go gluten free and I have had to move home several more times in recent years. I had difficulty in staying away from all three substances. At best I would stay away from two of them at a time. I did have another sixteen months alcohol free. To date I am four months alcohol free and two months caffeine free (as well as nearly four years as near GF as I could manage).
I get ten days bad leg pains from quitting caffeine. I find it best done all in one go (it's not like sticking plaster!)
Most refreshment venues are a dead loss to me (I love meat and veg places!), I even bring my own refreshments to AA meetings (and occasionally get told off).
When I find the link I'll post the link to an article about the fact that around half of mental illness is probably just caffeine poisoning. No doctor will ever say so!
A Pepsi a day, was that just two litres? The person with the Red Bull mention, thank you, I've been there too.
(If they work for the rest of the population I'm not agin it)