View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Teach, you sre right, just b/c we haven't been able to quantify other forces in the universe doesn't mean that there are any, but when looked at it logically one side of this argument is a whole lot less arrogant than the other, it IS possible that we know all that we will ever know about the universe, but that is just a little hard to believe for me, personally.
Oh, I'm not saying at ALL that we know everything! Goodness!
However, I know enough to know that we DON'T know everything. And that it's NOT an either/or circumstance. Logically, that would be rediculous to think it is!
When we know we don't know, then, we have to admit we don't even know the questions to ask.
And I don't think arrogance has anything to do with it. Ad hominum attacks are illogical too!

But, again, it's the people FOLLOWING the program that exert a will.
Not an inanimate object, or an idea. That's impossible.
So, I hereby now agree to disagree with you.

Doorknob;
Well, I agree with all but the christian and muslim examples of the definition of faith.
Your opinion is just that. OK. No arguement with an opinion.
However, I think that Blake and I are both saying that there needs to be a jump into the unknown to be an atheist. (Note, he called himself an agnostic -- as I once did!)
Since a negative cannot be logically proven, it therefore follows that one cannot prove there is *no* G*D. If it cannot be proved, then, according to your own opinion, it's illogical and there's a lack of evidence to say that there is no G*D.
Thus, one needs just as much faith to say there is NO G*D as there needs be to say there IS a G*D.

Shalom!