View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 11:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
michski

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by windysan
I'm sorry.

I'm a low-functioning idiot.

Except for always referring to yourself as being an idiot I have found your posts to be wry and completely right on! So, I agree. Stop with the idiot stuff already!!!

((( windysan)) (( paulmh)) I understand what you're talking about.. It doesn't matter to me whether or not there's a god or whether or not there isn't any external force that guides me. I also get exhausted with my opinions and choose to just "be". Becoming a better woman, wife, friend has had it's challenges. I think I've used every bit of information I've come across that, for me, has had that ring of truth to it.

A lot of AA has been good for me. A lot of it has been tiresome. A lot of times I left meetings wanting a drink instead of not. I'm still glad I did the 12 Steps. Because of my awesome sponsor my experience with AA was exactly what I needed to wake up and smell the roses and finally make good choices for myself. Before that experience I was drowning in a sea of victimization and I needed someone to point that out in a "no doubt about it" black and white fashion.