Thread: advice please!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Cynay

Welcome....

I know its kinda slow on the weekends but let me see if I can help alittle.

Does it always happen on weekends when the kids dont have school the next day?

Ususally I would remove myself from the situation. Its a matter of figuring out what boundries you can set to keep your life from being so straining.

You said that you have taken the house key away before but then its the phone calls and pounding on the door. Well if your boundry is that he does not need to be home when he wants to party all night then you could do the same .... then unplug the phone, if he is pounding on the door you could call the police. I know that sounds rough but its only a example of what you could do.

I usually tell the A what the boundry is, what will happen if its broken when they are sober.... the tough part is you HAVE to follow through. Usually it does not take many times for them to get it. As far as being the B*@ch ... I would not pay one bit attention to what he is saying.... him doing that is only placing the blame for his unaceptable behavior onto you. Alcoholics do that all the time, blame someone else because it "cant" be there problem.... its a way for them not to look at themselves.

How do the kids handle all this????