Thread: advice please!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rivercitybelle

Hi Cal,
It's tough dealing with a drunk person.
There are stickies at the top of this section that may give you some ideas.
It sounds like you'd like to have a boundry that says "no partying on until dawn". You could try to get this point across when he's sober... and get it in writing. You could ask him and his buddy to go to the buddy's house. You and the kids could come down and join the party. You could choose to blare the TV and radio when you and the kids get up. You and the kids could leave when that happens. There are choices for you but you may not like them all - and not all of them are 'healthy' ones. Boundries are for you, basically saying to yourself I will not accept this and figuring out what choices to make in that situation. What you can live with.
You'll hear this over and over and over... you didn't cause it, you can't control it and you can't cure it. The ONLY person you can change is YOU!
Read "Co-dependant No More" or "Getting them Sober" (select chapters are online).
I don't have a magic wand, nor can I tell you where to find one that makes all the wacho A behavior go away. I can tell you that you're welcome here at SR 24/7...