Thread: advice please!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cal

Angry advice please!

I have a specific scenario I'd like to talk about right now... I'll get into more detail about my relationship history with Dh (or is it AH here?!)
I was reading a bit about the philosophies of Al Anon and about not confronting the alcoholic etc..
But what do I do in this case:
Last night (as on many occasions) Ah decided in a drunken state that it would be fun to have his buddy over(3am) to continue drinking and listening to (loud) music all night and into the morning...well thats all fine and dandy but we have 3 kids that need to sleep and me who's in nursing school really can't suffer through the next day and be productive at all...if I come down and tell them to stop(they usually don't listen anyway)then I'm a bitch that dosen't let him have an outlet or have any fun..if I don't say anything or wait until an "appropriate time"when he's sober(after having the luxury of lying around all the next day complaining about whatever comes to mind)then the kids and I suffer...Any thoughts or things you've done in situations like this?(I've taken his house key away before but that only results in numerous phone calls and door poundings ...
of course he dosen't see or "get why I'm upset the next day...and promises (of course to never do it again)but it always happens again it may be a week or two but it always happens again...