Old 07-18-2003, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
constant

(((((((((((Chrissy)))))))))))))

I want to start off with a big hug for you because I know how miserable it can be!!!

I married my husband at 22, we both partied a TON! Fortunately I was never addicted, however he was. I didn't admit it until we were well into our 30's......I turn 37 today. For now (only for a few months) he is sober and things are wonderful, for how long I don't know.

My point is your only 24 and you don't have children and have been married relatively a short time. I know the feeling of not quitting and fighting to the end, but it is going to be a loooonnnng uphill battle with NO GAURANTEE that he will ever stop drinking. Things will only become more complicated if you decide to have children......trust me I know. You have plenty of time at your age to start a family, even if you started over in a new relationship.

I know I said some things that aren't going to sit well, but I am talking from experience and hind sight.......I mean no hard feelings only to share how I might have changed things had I found al-anon BEFORE I turned 36.

Lots of Love to you, keep coming here and working on you!
Constant