View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 01:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
michski

Originally Posted by aloneagainor
And that knowledge aquisition is...subjective based. Which is why I find beliefs constricting. They are subjective foundations disguised as reality.
IMHO There's a lot of blah blah blah yada yada going in circles thinking going on here...

We obtain our belief structure through experience and everything I'm reading here reminds me of a simple bumper sticker that says "Question Reality"

As we mature in age and experience we enrichen our personal aquisition of beliefs as we experience the act of living. Our minds and thoughts are really our only true possessions. We experience all things subjectively and nothing is shoved down our throats or into our forebrains without our consent. We simply must dare to think... To not think about our lives and the world around us breathes out the silence of consent that can and will bind us.

Keeping an openmind is entirely different than holding a suspicious mind...

Take them one at a time, each person and thing and situation and search for your bias separating the reality here before you from your programmed perceptions and your projections. And this exercise will afford you a revelation as divine as any that the Scriptures could provide you with."

To put the above quote into action is to aquire a belief system.