View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 05:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bobbybanned

Originally Posted by historyteach
Not everyone who follows a program or a religion does so blindly, though. Some put MUCH active effort, thought and heart into them.
This is very true.
Even though I am unable to agree with the actual following of a religion, I have come to appreciate some particular individuals for certain virtues I recognize and hold dear. For quite some time, I had turned my head simply because I didn't agree with the whole. I was missing out on things as a result. Since opening myself up (which I am constantly trying to increase) I have experienced somethings that I otherwise would have missed out on, and I discovered it didn't cost me anything. I've come to enjoy listening to opposing belief systems and the like, and have much respect for those who hold them, even though I do not agree.

Not that I am defending Aloneagainor, as it is not necessary as the point she was making is valid and speaks for itself. But the truth is that there was no suggestion of any particular person following any belief blindly. The point was direct. Not directed at another.

Historyteach, I do direct this comment to you as a friend. I thank you very much for directing me to secular connections as my life has been enriched due to the experience. (you had done so after I posted in the spirituality forum) I am very grateful for this.