View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 11:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
equus

Well, why am I wasting my time when I could be in an online chat with a real doctor
Is there a place where you can do that? I wouldn't want to touch it with a 10foot barge pole unless the doctor was accountable, ie open qualifications, adherance to medical ethics, published and usable means of complaint etc.

I've got a friend who works in a 'walk in centre' as a nurse, her job involves the 'whole' picture of a person, counselling techniques for diagnosis questions and full access to records. They have recently stood their ground over NOT using computer algorithums (sp?) while asking patients questions because it means they are behaving inpersonally and facing the wrong way. That about sums up what I think of good practice, where the whole person matters enough to face the right way. I truly can't imagine good practice over the net unless it went tno further than signposting to more substantial help.

I like the BBC - I just like what they do, I like that they seem to offer as much as is possible, sort of going the extra mile, I like their ethics.