View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 07:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JenT1968

Thanks all
I bought earplugs for our honeymoon, given that we had to be in the same room, and they did help, I'll get some more. He always snores, all the men in his family do, (they share a very distinctive nose).
Mix in alcohol and it could wake the dead. and its not a constant drone which I could maybe get used to (I am a pretty deep sleeper usually), he has periods where his chest is rapidly heaving up and down as his lungs desperately try to draw in air but you can put your hand at his face and no breath is being drawn in like his airway has collapsed. This terrified me when we first got together, I thought he was going to suffocate. But then his body somehow rouses him slightly he jerks around in a fit and takes an enormous desperate breath. then it starts again.
I can't help feeling this is dangerous, but he knows he does it, and it is entirely in his power to do something about. He went to the doctor once and the doctor (apparently) told him he had a slight cold and that was why he snored. In 7 years he's not suffocated yet, so it doesn't worry me any more, but wow does it get in the way of my sleep. when we vist anyone for the second time they ALWAYS put us in the bedroom furthest from them LOL.

crazy life.