View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
brigid
body ~ mind ~ spirit

I have read on this forum wonderful stories of two people working through their addictions and staying together. All in various ways. Some by going to different meetings. I was particularly thrilled at one stage to read someone just did their own recovery and their partner - seeing the positives and wanting them - just could not help but come along and join in - so the relationship lasted and found a new dimension. There are some other people here who have quite a number of years of sobriety and they have done that with a husband/wife. For some time I hoped that would be my story too. But I don't think it will be, I think that there were probably irreconcilable differences beyond the addictions in my case. Anyway, I can't tell the future, for now I am happy with the way things are going.

What I have observed though is that there has been an acceptance of the other person and non-judgement. I wonder if I have been very judgmental without realising how much I have been. I try very hard these days to live my truth and let others live theirs. At the end of the day, whichever brings the most happiness will bear fruit, or stand up to the test of time ( sorry for the adages - they just say what I am trying to say ).

love and peace,
Brigid