Thread: Caffeine
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 12:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
daturan

thanks for posting!!!

it's soo good to see other folks having the desire to stop. I've been going it alone for a long time, here's my story:
I started drinking caffeine /later in life, I was ~29. It was a diffacult transitional period in my life and I started drinking it for the push it gave me along with the altered mental state. I started noticing I would drip with sweat, (I'm very fit and athletic so this was waayy not normal) and my hart rate was high. I would notice my behavior was spasmodic, jumping from one task to another, my hands would shake and were cold and clamy. I started to get a cronic sore throught along with sinus algeries,, related or not I lost my sense of balance. At this point a wanted to "get off the bean". If you're like me then you know its grip. that was 7 years ago, I've had windows of abstinace but I haven't been able to maintain. I'm "clean" at the moment have have been for a 4 months, this last time my arms would shake, I had sever hart palputations, but most concerning is my lack of memory retention (did I mention the anger issue too?)
to anyone who want's to quit, if I can do it, so can you,, and if you can,, well then so can I..