Thread: Potentials
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
brigid
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by aloneagainor
To disengage pure known reasoning and consider the alternative potentials to what exists as we perceive it. What things could be. What we don't see. What are the possibilities beyond what are perceived by our own minds eye, through the filters of our emotions and predetermined conditioning. To see BEYOND our own limitations, to explore points of view outside our own realized capacity, is to truly allow for growth and learning and change... to begin, to continue, to flourish. Lacking vigilance in continued open-mindedness, life can become very dark and isolated, depressing and lonely. But with an open mind to the alternatives, life never ceases to be interesting, enjoyable, and I think out of that, happiness arises.
Nice stuff!! Yeh, I think so too. I love that there are so many ways of thinking, there is so much more to life for me to explore and do yet. It makes me look to the future with anticipation. There is joy in growth. I feel ok now that I am not "there" yet, wherever "there" is. I used to feel like I should know everything and be right about everything, like there was some expectation I should live up to or be at a certain place in life. Now I am able to let things go when I find a better way (better for me that is). And that also means that I respect other people and their ways more.

And there are so many things in life that I have yet to have a go at. I still have not joined a drama group, done yoga, joined a bushwalkers group, a theater group, eaten all the different foods of the world, journeyed to different countries (well no country except for Aussie land actually) ... so many things. Life really does rock!!

peace and love,
Brigid