Thread: Managing Anger
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 01:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
equus

Discussing the civil war in sri lanka I asked my friend what he thought should be done. He said - we must make friends, I cannot kill my friend. A people who had seen huge violence, prolonged and in every town and village were begining to make friends - LITERALLY.

I've watched with interest as their war mongering leaders have damaged and broken the ceasefire and yet I also note there are no reports of the violence between the people. (many years ago each military attack was foloowed by street violence to match).

I agree with so much of that article - we pay attention to violence not because it's common but because it isn't. We don't note every door opened for another or every smile, but we note a door slammed in a face or a shaking fist.

We DO live in a beautiful world and I think perhaps we must make friends!!

CBT and REBT do rock, they are and should be treatments for when something is causing harm, a way of thinking when my own is causing harm. I like them there - it helps it all stay somewhat different from the long line of gurus that treatments have spawned!

It's been a pleasure Don! And I hope it is not the last!!