View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by equus
families, friends, countries, laws, workplaces, service providers, international agreements, time zones, fashion, language.......

In a day, from getting up until sleep, how much of what we do is to a greater or lesser extent a collective way of life?

Does the time we spend viewing ourselves as part of collective processes equal the time we spend in or governed by collective processes?

What part does 'group' play in major life changes? Should it play more?
I try to make a difference. It may only be in small ways but they add up. For example, I am interested in political science and current news. So I will share with my elected officials how I feel. My letter may not make a difference by itself, but when it is added up with other letters, it starts to. Some of these issues are international, so they effect not just me but others.

My volunteer work keeps me in touch with people in other states. Once you have dealt with someone that has commited crimes before that have not gone punished, you realize you are making a difference. Again, I can't do this alone, it is done with the help of others, or group.

The time I spend doing all of this, reading, learning and volunteering, starts out as individual things, but by the end they have been shared by 'the group'. Am I making any sense at all?