View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

Equus,
This subject runs so deep in me, I don't know where or even how to begin responding. Early this year I'd decidedly, finally committedly and fully, rejected all need for direct connections with people. Of course I fully recognize my dependence on others in all practical areas of life, we're an interdependent species for materials, technology, and ideas. But people, relationships, interaction with other people in person all seemed too much troublesome work to bother with. Obligations. Expectations! To which I could not and would not comply. Such distractions. I opted out.

Without having reached and conclusive reasons why to interact with people in person (and very curious to see what responses this thread generates on that level) when I can act independently and be quite fully engaged in my own mind's pursuits, I DO find tremendous value in conversing through written word with others, and there IS a high degree of social element (rules, etiquette, coherency) essential in that for people to communicate effectively.

Originally Posted by equus
So where does the 'I' of freedom fit within a reality more often grouped?
The I is the same as the We. It's all centered in, grounded in:
Respect.
Treat others as you wish to be treated.
What comes around goes around.
In mutual respect, we're all free as individuals, but also must have compassion and understanding of and for others at the core.