View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 07:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
leviathon

Beyondbedlam,

I have taken antaabuse. It doesn't really do anything UNLESS you drink, then it makes you horrifically sick. I, of course, being incredibly curious had to test that out... it's true it does make you incredibly sick... whew, don't do that trust me.

There are other anticraving drugs you can get. For me all I needed was a deterrent to help me get through the first few weeks, after that I was fine. The other thing that antaabuse worked for was that by taking it every morning, I reaffirmed my commitment to stop drinking each and every morning. It was a great reminder.

For the record, I was one of the drinkers that had a hard time connecting the drinking with the bad feelings the next morning... for some reason I knew it was all caused by the alcohol, but I would "forget"... well antaabuse took care of that... that experiment I engaged in made it very immediate... drink, throw up, pounding headache, nausea, blood shot eyes, extremely bad red complexion, aching and sore, dizziness (actually fell down and bruised my knees, body just went limp), did I mention incredibly nautious... you get the idea... it all happened within about 1/2 hour of taking a drink (one one ounce shot)

Over all, it worked wonderfully. It helped with my resolve when I was still weak from drinking and I got through it amazingly easily... well other than my "experiment" with it. LMAO, I am just too darned stubborn and curious!

Peace, Levi