View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
here somewhere
and going nowhere fast.

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like my situation isn't as unique as I thought it was. Oh well, I guess I'm not that special after all! (kidding, of cousre I am!). It's just that the thing with spending more and more time on the computer is, that I believe now, that I was using it as more of a social function than a recovery tool. Especially the chatting. I never did that before but ended up really liking it! I think it was the instant response thing about it that I liked. That, and the fact that some of the people there are absolutely hilarious. I swear, sometimes I would laugh out loud at some of the funny things that were said. Looking back now, I can see how my wife might have been a little concerned. You see, most women who meet me, inevitably fall for me. It's true. I'm pretty much "God's gift to women". I can't help it, that's just the way it is. It's a curse, really. I just wish there were more of me to go around, but alas, there's only me. Sorry girls, but I'm taken. Be strong. You'll get by some how. I tried to reassure her that she had nothing to worry about, but she knows how the intricate minds of women work. The clever and sometimes devious nature of these glorious creations, all clamoring for a piece of me. I'm a one gal guy (one at a time please, stay in line now!). So, I feel that in the interest of fairness, to both my wife and the clamoring masses, I must conduct myself here on these boards with the uptmost level of professionalism. It seems that humor and socializing don't mix well with recovery. Like prying open a can of paint with a screwdriver; sure you can do it that way, but theres a special tool for that job. I guess I was mis-using these forums. I guess I should "toe the line" a bit more, and not try to turn this into something a little more fun than it usually is. I should remember that this isn't some kind of social forum, but a serious place where people come to seek help for serious problems. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Good luck to all,
Scott