View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bobbybanned

Good Topic

Originally Posted by aloneagainor
As can be said about pretty much everything, examine your motives, and you'll know the answer.
Our motivates tell us so much about why we do what we do.

That was a very good question/topic to start with. And it seems everyone replying certainly understands compulsive behavior quite well. Of course if anyone would know, we should.
The cool part about recovery (scarey too) is that it pretty much requires us to move along, to grow, as people. As we mature, it is important to venture off to new things. Of course it would seem quite reasonable to have a support system in place that you find comforting. Just keep in mind how important it is to balance things out for yourself. Moderation is important with anything, even support systems.

Originally Posted by here somewhere
Now, my wife can't figure out why I need to spend so much time talking to people on the computer, when I'm not really not very friendly to people I meet in person.
Try venturing out and meeting some people in real life situations. Do things you may not normally do. You really have nothing to lose. You may find it very gratifying.