View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 06:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Autumn
alconaut

Thank you for your kind response Splendra, and (((hugs))) to you too!

You know, speaking of your head injuries, it reminded me of a post you wrote awhile back that gave me a hearty laugh..... something about dents in your head? Lol Splen..... that was so funny.

I am very sorry to read about the injuries though, and glad you came through alright.

I very much agree with treating a person (medically/holistically) as a "whole" and not just specific regions or organs. I always consider holistic options as well, and also have some good books on holistic healing.

It is true that there are people who eat organically grown veggies or organically fed animal products and still end up with cancer. Quality of life still improves significantly (as does brain function) almost immediately upon making dietary changes! Even though I quit smoking, I'm aware that the possibility exists to develop lung cancer. That didn't stop me from implementing this positive change, however, and my quality of life has improved immensely.

Love and faith go a long way too, Splen..... I believe that wholeheartedly. I think that his knowing I have faith in him gives him some encouragement in his own capabilities. Also, he has seen me overcome two stubborn addictions over the past year, which is a positive thing.

Thanks for your thoughts also about beliefs with regard to certain treatments. That makes a WHOLE lot of sense. You can't change someone's beliefs, but you can work with them as far as alternatives, or whatever treatments an individual is conducive or receptive to. Indeed.

Nice post Splendra.