View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 06:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
brigid
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by splendra
(((autum))))
These people thought that I was drawn to them to heal and be healed. The thoughts that these people had about healing healed me as much as their healing technics. I think many doctors could heal more people if they had an attitude of healing themselves as well as their patient.

I know people who do not believe in modern cancer treatments and take the treatments and die. I do not understand why they go against what they believe. I think peoples beliefs about healing, life and death need to be considered when they under go treatment of any kind. If I think I need medicine and you adjust my spine it may not help. In my case I thought I needed something other than medication to get well. I had professionals who could hear that...I think them hearing my beliefs about healing and supporting my beliefs was what ultimately lead me to taking responsibility for my health.
I wish I had a bit more time to read all the posts ... but I really have to do some study ... Autumn I get the idea on glancing through this that you are dealing with some very heavy stuff. I am thinking of you ... have been through a husband with head injury, totally lost hearing, balance, smell, taste ... he smoked heaps and heaps of pot ... really a hard, hard time for both him and me (I was still drinking too ... so not fully able to give everything my all .. but I tried).

Medical profession really did what they could, but so, so short on real healing. Since that time I have learnt a lot about healing, I love what Splendra is saying above. I know that I have found that there are a lot of answers in some unexpected places and the search for health and healing can be in your own control.

Will get back to this thread when I have more time.

lots of love,
Brigid