View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 05:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
splendra
the girl can't help it

(((autum))))

When I was a child I had a head injury that caused a concussion. I was pretty bad in that I was dizzy and had a bad head ache and could not stand on my own for almost 2 weeks. My parents did not take me to a doctor for this. Years later I was injured at work(my head again) they did a cat scan and found the crack in my skull from the former injury and also that my neck had been broken. The doctor was far more concerned about my former injury than the present one he could not believe that I did not receive any medical treatment for it...I was drinking during that time as well that dr gave me some med that was not in harmony with my drinking so I did not take it.

Anyway I feel that I was not capible of choosing to quit drinking but because I was surrounded by people who were professionals and insisting that I let them help me I got to a point with help that I was able to quit. I think part of me wanted the help and wanted to quit but I do not think it would have happened with out the professionals being there for me.
I was not in a intimate relationship with anyone at the time I began this treatment I can imagine anyone putting up with my crap in the begining. I did meet the father of my son as I was begining to get a better grip on getting well even then I was a pain in the A$$ I do not know how he endured me then either. We are divorced now and my son's dad is one of my very best friends.

Your H maybe using his head injury as an excuse to keep drinking maybe he needs more treatment for the injury. I think I would push for him to seek more treatment for that.

Alcohol dehyrates the body and the brain most symptoms of a hangover are about dehydration.

My H is a good example of someone who eats an organic diet and still is addicted... I know his thought life plays a big role in him staying addicted. My dad was into eating right too and he was an alcoholic and he died with cancer...My H uses his early childhood abuse, his ex-wife, my bit#$ing and any other excuse to keep using. There are layers and layers of BS that are still being shed.

I know other people who have quit everything and eat an organic diet and still have cancer. The thought life I believe is a big factor. Looking at what I know about some of the people I know who have cancer althought they eat good I can still see behavior that is toxic such as seeing married men and women, shop lifting, enabling someone to keep using.What leads these people to do these things? They are hurtful. What kinds of thoughts lead people to do these things? The whole person needs treating not just the stomach,liver, or the brain. I think thoughts of love and faith help people to get well.

Love is not putting up with cr@p. Love says enough... I realize I could be pretty wasted if I had not quit drinking I may even have died by now had I not quit. I do not know if I would have ever been able to chose to quit drinking on my own. Somehow in my case good fortune shinned down on me I had a talent a gift really that lead me to work for some alternative Drs. years ago when it was not a popular thing.

These people thought that I was drawn to them to heal and be healed. The thoughts that these people had about healing healed me as much as their healing technics. I think many doctors could heal more people if they had an attitude of healing themselves as well as their patient.

I know people who do not believe in modern cancer treatments and take the treatments and die. I do not understand why they go against what they believe. I think peoples beliefs about healing, life and death need to be considered when they under go treatment of any kind. If I think I need medicine and you adjust my spine it may not help. In my case I thought I needed something other than medication to get well. I had professionals who could hear that...I think them hearing my beliefs about healing and supporting my beliefs was what ultimately lead me to taking responsibility for my health.