Old 08-13-2006, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
aasharon90

Hi Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired. Honestly I didnt think i had a problem. I thought i was like my grandfather..God rest his soul.....who could drink u under the table. It was others in the family.....nosiness....that sensed there was something wrong with me...." Hey mind ur own business people." They in truth saved my life by doing for me what i couldnt do for myself. After an attempt to end my miserable life with pain pills and a horrible car accident.....the police was called to haul me in to rehab.

Hmmmm an unforgettable memory riding in the back of an EMS truck I dont recall....man once in a life time experience.... and I missed it....Darn.... : )

I do however remember the police car ride....handlest in the back seat....hmmmm what did u think i was going to do....jump out....lol and then the fence to separate me from the officers who kept looking at me from the rear view mirror....What????? Im not gonna bite ya.....lol

It wasnt funny at the time i can tell u now.....That was the lowest of lowest feeling i ever had in my life.....How could my family do this to me????.....Just cause i couldnt hold my liquor or i just wanted to end my life.....hmmmmm Hey ..im just trying to get the heck out of ur way since u think im weird or something.....just cause i cant stay at home like a good little wife should do....

However...they did do for me what i couldnt do for myself.....they seek the help, the intervention to save my life. This helpless, hopeless mom, wife, daughter-in-law....did u really love me enought to save this soul?

Well....they must have if they went thru all that trouble to summon the police and courts to have me committed.

To have those thoughts placed into their heads when they had no clue as to what to do with me had to be put there by the Man Upstairs. He heard my cries of help and dispair and plucked me from the gates of h**.

For that...For Him....For my family.... I am truely grateful to be sober today.

Thanks Levi for a good topic. Your doing good urself. Hang in there.