View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
brigid
body ~ mind ~ spirit

I strongly and profusely agree with the nutritional arguments.

After working in a probiotic health food company for a few years and seeing first hand the importance of diet on so many people I am now a firm believer that the first thing to improve the health of any individual - mental, physical or emotional - is food.

We are what we eat!

"Let food be your medicine and medicine your food. Whosoever gives these things no consideration and is ignorant of them, how can he understand the diseases of man."
-- Hippocrates, ca. 400 BC --

It seems ridiculous that the medical profession do not study food and nutrition to a greater extent! We think we are so smart in this modern world that we can throw whatever down our throats and let our bodies work it out, function well and never get sick. Pop a pill if we need to, get better quickly ... all just too dam silly.

No one would put the wrong fuel into a car and expect it to run, but we do it to ourselves all the time. Just observe the effects of sugar on the behaviour of children, they get addicted very quickly.

I really think we are looking in all the wrong places for the answers. Eat your vegies, eat yogurt, eat unprocessed, eat green, get some sunlight, laugh, exercise ... Then have another look at the brain and its chemicals.

Sorry but I get a bit over all the over analysing of health, it really is a simple thing.

love and peace,
Brigid