View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

Or perhaps deaf ears.

While I agree whole-heartedly about the extreme relevance of proper nutrition as it contributes to and in fact affords ability for capable thinking, also regard poor nutrition as a root cause of many physical, mental, and social ills, and people certainly would benefit greatly from healthy diet, I can't give it as much weight as I do other mental/ emotional factors as far as addiction is concerned. Perhaps I'm being far too subjective here, but I can speak for myself and a few others I've known, who take great care to avoid all chemical additives and eat balanced, healthy foods, organic growers in fact, who struggle with long-term addiction. Strong physical health is priority to us, our work and independent lifestyle relies on it. Got that going fine. But the addiction persists. I've been "looked dead in the face and confronted" (never incarcerated) and maintained that my drug use is completely justified, no nutrient deficieny present. It's the hard-wired mental programming that's messing with the synapse firing, in my experience.