View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
T1
sparkly clean

Valium For Panic Attacks??

Hey everyone, I'm hoping to get some good advice regarding Valium. I've been having a lot of anxiety and panic attacks lately (first time ever) because of a bunch of personal issues that hit me all at once. I've never had this happen to me ever, but it's freakin' me out a bit. I went to the doc originally and he prescribed paxil for me to take everday, however after sitting on the script for like a week I actually gave it back to him. I just didn't want to have to take something everyday. He then recently wrote me a script for Valium to take during the attacks only. I don't have them daily so I obviously won't be taking them routinely but I'm worried about taking another prescription drug while at the tail end of my taper off opiates. I've tapered down to 2 per day so I'm almost clean. I don't think the withdraws have anything to do with my panic attacks because I quit opiates nearly a year ago and never had anything like this. So I guess what I'm asking is what does everyone know about Valium and can it be taken in moderation without any longterm harm. I think if I can just get a few of these personal things behind me I'll be good to go and the attacks will go away but I don't want to create another problem for myself. Thoughts?