View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
brigid
body ~ mind ~ spirit

I saw a documentary on two people in who took on MacDonalds, they were emotionally charged, they believed in their cause and they made a difference by drawing attention to the issue. I loved the documentary, I loved that two people were gutsy enough and fully believed in their cause enough to commit, it was not an easy thing for them to do. They needed to feel strongly about their cause, very emotional. I loved it because I believe firmly that we are feeding our children crap foods and allowing marketing to persuade them - as adults we are supposed to look after our kids and make sure they know how to look after themselves. I don't take on multi-national companies, but I do try to eat right myself and encourage others to do the same - but these two people - wow!!

Strong feelings and beliefs are often the things that cause people to make a difference because it makes us not give up or give in. One person can make a difference. Why not feel strongly about this and keep on trying to correct what you see as a bad decision? Why not?

But I guess I can see the side of letting go of the emotion too ... tough one.

peace and love,
Brigid