View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 09:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sunshine71
Paused

2stay....First let me give you a warm welcome hug. And an extra one for what I am about to tell you.

My hubby is in bad shape due to the drug mix with the alcohol. He has been seeing this a**hole psycho doctor for some years. This doc is only concerned about his pretty new cars...not people. My hubby has been on just about every anti-depressant on the market. Over the last five years I have seen a variety of different effects they have and I can say to some extent they have all scared me. My husband, in his wisdom, has choosen to never tell the doc he is an A. He goes in once every three months, spends 5 minutes and gets more scripts. However this doc was made aware of the problem when my hubby tried to kill himself on the Zanex 4 years ago. What did he do? Increased the dose...of course...makes perfect sense doesn't it?

My husband is most definately addicted to the Zanex. As bad as the alcohol in my opinion. He takes 1mg about six times a day...sometimes more. If he doesn't have it he FREAKS!!! After the last anti-depressant affected him so bad that he even noticed the doc put him on the bi-polar drug Remeron. It is a heavy duty drug too. Hubby takes the Remeron, Zanex and drinks everyday. It is a horrible and scary mix. I'm afraid my husband will be lucky to end up like Ozzy and not dead.

I really think the anti-depressants just make everything worse if someone is drinking. It appears to me to just get them through till the next drink. Sometimes I wonder if my hubby would have the drive to even work if he didn't take the drugs. Plus, some of them just intensify the effect of the alcohol. A faster and more intense high. And along with these drugs I have seen Vicodine added in. Not pretty!

I know you can not control your husband or make his choices for him, but IF you can get him to talk to you about this ....PLEASE DO! I can't stand to see any human like this let alone someone I love. Anti-depressants are wonderful and helpful drugs when taken correctly and without booze. With the mix they are just a fuse on the bomb.

Good luck to you and keep us posted please.
HUGS
sunshine