Old 08-07-2006, 05:16 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Five

Originally Posted by Autumn
Thanks for this bit gainor.

I was thinking along the same lines earlier - how many people assume atheists are insensitive and unemotional. In actuality, most atheists process their thoughts differently, the result being a whole lot less emotional baggage. It deserves a level of appreciation equal to others' belief systems and has a beauty all its own.

I don't have the time, and can't afford the luxury of reeling in mysticism. For all practical intents and purposes, logic is certainly the most cost-effective choice for disputing irrational thoughts which lead to emotional excess.

Yes, it sure feels like the safe card sometimes. I would hate to deal with emotional agony by trying to figure out what chacra was misfiring, or whether I have bad energy in my finger tips or something.

I sometimes feel, by using logic, that I am cheating. But I think that is why its in my brain in the first place, to help me. Don S: we use reason to deal with a complex universe.

My sister is a Doc of Pschology and she teaches people who are almost educationaly ******** how to use CBT. Looking for evidence is not just for the 'higher eds' IMO.