Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Autumn
alconaut

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
Those of us who describe to a HP still think for ourselves in the same manner as any other. I'm very curious by nature and do not feel that accepting a HP has hobbled or limited my ability to think for myself, explore, intellectualize, etc. I do make decisions for myself and do not accept everything that is suggested or demanded of me in the name of religion. I do not subscribe to a lamb led to slaughter sort of blind faith. I understand you point however. There are those who do. Those of us that rely on spiritual guidance vary and do not have to believe the same. Anchoring us all into the same category is not an accurate representation.

Asking for daily spiritual guidance does not mean we are unprepared for the tragedies that may touch our lives, or that we are excluded by a protective shield of glowing light. We are not unfamiliar to pain or sorrow that comes with life. Believing in a HP does not shut off our brain and render us ignorant. I am capable of merging self will with spirituality, so I believe.

I hope you don't mind me coming to share my beliefs here. I enjoy reading other beliefs and ideas. It does help expand my thought process. I feel strongly in establishing that we all do not fall under the same lumping when referring to spirituality. I recognize that those here likely understand this more than anyone else. You have found your place and are exploring your options. That is cool. I have my own beliefs, but still like to venture into your own.

I have to chuckle when I read some of the comments. I picture a few of us with the HP belief wandering aimlessly in a zombie state as the the man in the sky points and aims his giant remote control triggering us to turn left or right, eat, sleep, think. Hmmmm...who really knows? I don't have all the answers, far from it. I say... whatever gets you through the day, gives you comfort, encourages thought and growth, own it and find strength in it. Live it, respect it and keep searching for whatever sparks your fire.

Today that is how I believe. Nothing is set in stone. Tomorrow I may view things differently. I am always open to knew thoughts and ideas. I appreciate you sharing yours with me.
Hiya there Muse. I really don't have much to add in response to your post. There's nothing to debate or contradict. I don't blame you for wanting to post in this forum at all. In fact, I think it's groovy that you find different ideas appealing. It isn't difficult to understand why.