View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 847 (permalink)  
PapaG
Reason to believe

Hi Lilya,

The heatwave was terrible last week here in Austria, but we always have about two weeks of extreme hot weather each year. Contrary to popular belief, not all Austria is mountainous...where i live its about as flat as a steamrolled pancake. Thus we get a lot of strong wind and when it rains its horizontal.

I hanker often for a normal spring-type day! The months between November and April are freezing and grey. Then we get a month of semi-normal weather when we're infested with gnats that enjoy feeding on me like the miniature vampires that they are. Then it's blazing hot burning summer for a few weeks, then about one or two weeks of normal weather within a three month period of crzy extremity...rain, hail, scorching days and freezing nights. It's crazy and I never know what to expect. One thing is for sure, I would never trade it for that awful rain that seems to last for months in England and Wales - I don't miss that at all....

just those lovely spring days

Well, that about does it...sorry to rattle on but i am from a family of complainers