View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:26 PM
  # 846 (permalink)  
Lilya

Hello all of you! I was away for a while and needed it!

Reiki, donīt worry. This movie club will probably outlive us all. ,-

Hope youīre fedeling better, Arura. The heatwave has been absolutely terrible. What about you, PapaG? Arenīt you in Europe?

I saw the Da Vinci Code and didnīt think much of it. As if I believe that no guards are around the Pyramides in Louvres at midnight, let alone in the museum itself? No way! Itīs like going into an aeroport, the security is so tight. The suspension of disbelief is not working in that movie. And in the hall with the Mona Lisa? No way!

The film is just like the book. There is no real developement from itīs descriptions. Itīs flat and the characters are not really believable. I read the book as light entertainment, but I agree, itīs not very well written.

The main actors, Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou, donīt seem to believe in their roles and they donīt seem to enjoy themselves. I found no chemistry between them and it was a shame. Just a sparkle would have been justifiable.

I read the Templarīs Revelation with interest. It made me want to read the banned books from the Bible, like the gospel of Mary Magdalene. I think Da Vinci code takes a lot from The Templarīs Revelations without crediting them. There was some talk of lawsuit against Dan Brown.

Hope to hear more on the subject.

Love and light,