View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 06:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
brigid
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by equus
You know - I've never bought that theory. If I see some bloke kick ten kinds of ** out of a dog or kid, OH my feelings go sky high, I'm SO BOTHERED. Should I then worry that my concern only comes from some hidden subconscious desire to do likewise? Even worse, should I examine myself until I don't feel bothered at all?

Nah - I don't buy it. Each to their own but I'm not applying that to my reasoning - it just makes no sense to me.
I agree that there are certain things that bother me because they are contrary to my belief system and I don't do them, I also agree that there are things that bother me because subconsciously I recognise them in myself and they also are contrary to my belief system.

I don't think it is a black and white thing, I definitely look within these days when I find an annoying behaviour and try to be honest with myself ... I sometimes find it. But that is good, once found and recognised I can change it, or accept it within myself, I am not perfect after all, I am just me. Changing / accepting it increases my tolerance and patience for others.

love and peace,
Brigid