View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

Originally Posted by doorknob
Yeah, I can do it sometimes Marte, but eventually it snowballs on me, till it's 3-4 every day, and then at some point I'll tie one on. Anything past 5 drinks and my memory starts to go.
Memory!
Just minutes ago I watched a Science Channel program titled, "Understanding". About how past memory alters present perception, and how perceptions get distorted in memory. What we remember, how that memory is stored, and how what we recall shapes our mindset. This dovetails with another ongoing thread about values. Writing them out to SEE them, call them directly to the forefront of our thinking, to recognize ((brigid))them for what they are. The way memory likes to remember the positives of the escape drugs provide can be overwhelmingly powerful, unless there's another memory accessible to counteract it with the negatives. Such is why it's of essential value to understand one's own reasoning. Especially if reasoning is being relied upon as the primary combatant to one's own twisted addict-thinking logic.